REI ANDRE Handheld Broadband Receiver
Designed as a TSCM tool to locate nearby transmitters, including RF, infrared, visible light, and carrier current, the REI ANDRE is produced by Research Electronics International (REI). The REI ANDRE is a lightweight handheld broadband receiver for the detection of known, unknown, illegal, disruptive and interfering transmissions. The REI ANDRE is designed to receive transmissions from 10 KHz up to 12 GHz, quickly and discreetly identify RF threats and comes with a range of accessories.
Using the built-in touchscreen display, the REI ANDRE displays RF levels in a signal strength histogram. The histogram uses time intervals selected by the user, from 5 secs to 24 hours. Alerts can be set with audio and haptic feedback for when differences between digital, analogue and burst signals reach a set threshold.
In order for users to see small changes in the RF signal activity, the REI ANDRE features a zoom mode that reduces the scale to only show a 30 dB segment of the histogram. With the REI ANDRE Deluxe, histogram data can be exported, capturing data such as user settings, signal amplitude, probes, time/date, chart duration and detailed frequency band information. The exported data can then be viewed on a PC with the REI ANDRE Data Viewer.
The strongest signals detected by the REI ANDRE are automatically put into a signal list. Signals in the list can be selected to view further details, including information on band classification. The list starts with the strongest signal and signals can be individually assigned as unknown, friendly or threatening. ANDRE can also demodulate, playback live and record short clips of analogue audio streams.
Please Note: QCC Global Ltd only supplies accredited TSCM training services to Government, Military, Law Enforcement, CPNI & Commercial Partnership clients.
REI ANDRE Specifications
- -75 dBm for 3 GHz frequency (typical at RF input)
- Stepped attenuation control: -20 dB, -10 dB, off, +15 dB
- Case dimensions: 6.25 in x 14.9 in x 18.5 in (15.9 cm x 37.8 cm x 47.0 cm)
- ANDRE dimensions: 3.4 in x 5.7 in x 1.0 in (8.7 cm x 14.4 cm x 2.5 cm)
- ANDRE weight with batteries: 0.65 lbs (0.3 kg)
- Case weight with ANDRE & all accessories: 12.7 lbs (5.8 kg)
- Built-in speaker and external headphones with adjustable volume control
- Tone style options: rising pitch, steady tone, off
- Input: USB internal charger
- Run time: >5 hours (typical)
- Charge time: 1.5 hours (typical) for 80% charge, <3.5 hours (typical) for 95% charge
- Batteries (4 included with Advanced and Deluxe): Nitecore 18650 Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery Model #NL189, rated 3.7V, 3400mAh, 12.6Wh
- External USB charger included
- 3.5 in capacitive touch screen
- Screen brightness: High, Medium, Low
- USB data port for software upgrades and file transfer
- Operating temperature: -10° C to 50° C
- Battery charging temperature: 0° C to 35° C
- Storage temperature: -20° C to 50° C
Note: extended storage at temperatures above 40° C could degrade battery performance and life.