REI ORION 2.4 HX Non-Linear Junction Detector
The REI ORION 2.4 HX is designed to detect and locate hidden microphones and cameras as well as other electronic components hidden in surfaces such as ceilings, walls, floors or even furniture. The REI ORION 2.4 HX is a Non-Linear Junction Detector (NLJD) and can be used to pinpoint devices irrespective of whether they are hardwired, transmitting or turned off.
A touch screen on the ORION 2.4 HX can display the full RF spectrum for transit, 2nd or 3rd frequency ranges. The REI ORION 2.4 HX’s touch screen can also display a continuous history of harmonic response and power adjustment on a histogram graph.
As well as featuring a digitally modulated transmit signal, the ORION 2.4 HX also features a correlated 2nd and 3rd harmonic response. To minimise interference and improve detection, the REI ORION 2.4 HX also has adjustable DSP gain. To further increase the detection sensitivity, the ORION 2.4 HX uses a 1.25 MHz-wide bandwidth transmit signal.
The transmit and receive antenna is circularly polarised to remove any risk of a threat being missed due to antenna polarisation being incorrect. In order to automatically search for clean operating frequencies, the ORION 2.4 HX uses a synthesized transceiver with frequency stability and agility.
The ORION 2.4 HX is very user friendly; the unit itself is small and lightweight at 1.3 kg (2.8lbs) and requires no additional assembly or pole as the ORION 2.4 HX has an integrated telescope pole. A second display built into the head of the REI ORION 2.4 HX gives users the ability to focus on the target surface/object when sweeping, whilst still being able to see the display. When signal levels reach a set level, the ORION 2.4 HX allows for alert tones and haptic feedback to be triggered to quickly notify the user.
Please Note: QCC Global Ltd only supplies accredited TSCM training services to Government, Military, Law Enforcement, CPNI & Commercial Partnership clients.
REI ORION 2.4 HX Specifications
- Transmit power*: 3.3 W EIRP; G model: 6.6 W EIRP
- Power control: Manual or auto control
- Frequency band: 2.404 GHz – 2.472 GHz
- Transmit channels: Manual or auto selection
- Transmit modulation: Digital 1.25 MHz bandwidth
*G model available to entities, agencies, and persons not restricted by FCC/IC. Both power levels are CE marked for public safety and security.
- Operating temperature: -10 to 50°C
- Battery charging temperature: 5 to 37°C
- Storage temperature: -20 to 60°C
Note: extended storage at temperatures above 40°C could degrade battery & OLED display performance and life.
- Simultaneous 2nd & 3rd harmonic receive
- Digitally correlated
- Frequency bands:
- Second harmonic (4.808 GHz – 4.944 GHz)
- Third harmonic (7.212 GHz – 7.416 GHz)
- Sensitivity: -140 dBm for both harmonics
- Extension lengths: 16-51 in (40.6-129.5 cm)
- Case dimensions: 6.25 x 14.9 x 18.5 (15.9 x 37.8 x 47.0 cm)
- ORION 2.4 HX dimensions: 22.4 x 3.75 x 3 (57 x 9 x 7.5 cm)
- Overall extended length: 58 in (147 cm)
- ORION 2.4 HX weight with battery: 3 lbs (1.4 kg)
- Case weight including ORION and accessories: 12 lbs (5.4 kg)
- Handle-mounted 2.7 inch touch screen controller display**
- Antenna-mounted display
- Bar graph display for transmit power level, 2nd harmonic level, 3rd harmonic level, data field display, for other information (operation mode, low battery, volume, DSP gain, etc.)
**Keypad model also available
- Input AC: 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Run time: >4 hours per battery (typical)
- Charge time: 2.5 hours per battery
- Batteries: Lithium ion rechargeable (2 included)
- The supplied battery pack: RRC Power Solutions Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery pack Model #RRC2040, rated 11.25V, 2950mAh, 33.2Wh.