REI ORION 900 HX Non-Linear Junction Detector
The REI ORION 900 HX is designed to detect and locate hidden microphones and cameras as well as other electronic components hidden in dense materials such as concrete, bricks or soil. The ORION 900 HX is a Non-Linear Junction Detector (NLJD) and can be used to pinpoint devices irrespective of whether hardwired, transmitting or turned off.
A touch screen on the ORION 900 HX can display the full RF spectrum for transit, 2nd or 3rd frequency ranges. The REI ORION 900 HX’s touch screen can also display a continuous history of harmonic response and power adjustment on a histogram graph.
The ORION 900 HX features a digitally modulated spread spectrum transmit signal to increase interference rejection and detection range. As well as this, the REI ORION 900 HX also features a correlated 2nd and 3rd harmonic response. In order to increase detection range with the same power, the ORION 900 HX has an adjustable high gain. To further increase the detection sensitivity, the REI ORION 900 HX uses a 1.25 MHz-wide bandwidth transmit signal.
In order to automatically search for quieter operating frequencies, the ORION 900 HX uses a synthesized transceiver with frequency stability and agility.
The ORION 900 HX is very user friendly; the unit itself is easy to carry at 1.6 kg (3.6lbs) and requires no additional assembly or pole as the ORION 900 HX has an integrated telescope pole. A second display built into the head of the REI ORION 900 HX gives users the ability to focus on the target surface/object when sweeping, whilst still being able to see the display. When signal levels reach a set level, the ORION 900 HX allows for alert tones and haptic feedback to be triggered to quickly notify the user.
Please Note: QCC Global Ltd only supplies accredited TSCM training services to Government, Military, Law Enforcement, CPNI & Commercial Partnership clients.
REI ORION 900 HX Specifications
- Transmit power*: 1.4 W EIRP; G model: 3.2 W EIRP
- Power control: Manual or auto control
- Frequency band: 905 – 925 MHz; G model: 840 – 960 MHz
- Transmit channels: Manual or auto selection
- Transmit modulation: Digital 1.25 MHz bandwidth
*G model available to entities, agencies, and persons not restricted by FCC/IC. Both power levels are CE marked for public safety and security. For commercial CE compliance, a lower power model is also available.
- Operating temperature: -10 to 50°C
- Battery charging temperature: 5 to 37°C
- Storage temperature: -20 to 60°C
Note: extended storage at temperatures above 40°C could degrade battery & OLED display performance and life.
- Simultaneous 2nd & 3rd harmonic receive
- Digitally correlated
- Frequency bands:
- Second Harmonic: (1810 MHz – 1850 MHz); G model (1680 MHz – 1920 MHz)
- Third Harmonic: (2715 MHz – 2775 MHz); G model (2520 MHz – 2880 MHz)
- Sensitivity: -130 dBm for both harmonics
- Input AC: 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Run time: >4 hours per battery (typical)
- Charge time: 2.5 hours per battery
- Batteries: Lithium ion rechargeable (2 included)
- The supplied battery pack: RRC Power Solutions Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery pack Model #RRC2040, rated 11.25V, 2950mAh, 33.2Wh.
- Handle-mounted touch screen controller display**
- Antenna-mounted display
- Bar graph display for transmit power level, 2nd harmonic level, 3rd harmonic level, data field display, for other information (operation mode, low battery, volume, DSP gain, etc.)
**Keypad model also available
- Extension lengths: 16-51 in
- Case dimensions: 6.25 in x 14.9 in x 18.5 in (15.9 cm x 37.8 cm x 47.0 cm)
- ORION 900 HX dimensions: 23 x 3.75 x 3 in (58.4 x 9 x 7.5 cm)
- Overall extended length: 58 in (147 cm)
- ORION 900 HX weight with battery: 3.6 lbs (1.6 kg)
- Case weight including ORION & accessories: 12.6 lbs (5.7 kg)