REI ORION HGO-4000 Non-Linear Junction Detector
The REI ORION HGO-4000 is designed to detect and locate hidden microphones and cameras as well as other electronic components hidden in surfaces such as ceilings, walls, floors or even furniture. The ORION HGO-4000 is a Non-Linear Junction Detector (NLJD) and can be used to pinpoint devices irrespective of whether its hardwired, transmitting or turned off. Produced by REI, a leading manufacturer in electronic testing equipment, the ORION HGO-400 is their original high gain NLJD.
To minimise false alarms while in second and third harmonic operation, the REI ORION HGO-4000 uses advanced algorithms. The transmit and receive antenna is circularly polarised to remove any risk of a threat being missed due to antenna polarisation being incorrect. In order to automatically search for clean operating frequencies, the ORION HGO-4000 uses a synthesized transceiver with frequency stability and agility.
A high transmit power allows the REI ORION HGO-4000 to be used to rapidly search a large area and offers manual or automatic dynamic power control for locating threats. The standard camcorder battery that the ORION HGO-4000 runs of off enables a long run time but also quick charge functions.
The ORION HGO-4000 is very user friendly; the unit itself is lightweight, well balanced and requires no additional assembly or pole as the REI ORION HGO-4000 has an integrated telescope pole. The display is built into the head of the ORION HGO-4000 which gives users the ability to focus on the target surface/object when sweeping, whilst still being able to monitor levels.
REI ORION HGO-400 Specifications
- Frequency bands: second (1680-1830 MHz) or third (2520-2745 MHz) harmonic of transmit frequency
- Sensitivity: -133 dBm for both harmonics
- DSP S/W integration: programmable between 6 and 18 dB gain in sensitivity performance
- Receiver bandwidth: 3 kHz
- Input AC: 100–240 V, 50–60 Hz
- Run time: 3 hours per battery (typical)
- Charge time: 1 hour per battery
- Batteries: (2 incl.) 7.2 V NiMH
- Frequency bands: 840-915 MHz in 200 kHz steps
- Transmit power: 30 milliwatts minimum to approximately 3 watts effective radiated power (ERP)
- Power control: manual or auto control with 30 dB range
- Extension lengths: 16–51 in (40.6–129.5 cm)
- Case dimensions: 6.25 x 14.9 x 18.5 in (15.9 x 37.8 x 47.0 cm)
- Unit weight: 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg)
- Unit weight with battery: 3.7 lbs. (1.7kg)
- Case weight including unit and accessories: 12.8 lbs (5.8 kg)
- Setup time (including power-up self-test): 25 seconds