I think I have discovered a device (bug): what should I do?
What to do if you think you have discovered a bugging device.
If you think you have discovered an unauthorised bug or surveillance device in your workplace or at home, there are five basic actions toconsider taking:
- Do not discuss the discovery in the vicinity of the surveillance device.
- Do not attempt to remove or disturb the device. If possible try not to touch it!
- Do not discuss your discovery with anyone who is not trusted. Only talk about the discovery with persons who would be directly involved in the appointment of a bug sweep or counter surveillance inspection.
- Secure the target area immediately. Consider not using the area for important discussions. However in some cases it may be advisable to host unimportant conversations in these areas to prevent eavesdroppers from becoming suspicious that the device or surveillance operation has been discovered.
- Make contact immediately with a competent TSCM (bug sweeping) company like QCC Interscan who use the very latest counter surveillance methods and technologies.