REI ORION HX Deluxe Non-Linear Junction Detector
The REI ORION HX Deluxe is designed to detect and locate hidden microphones and cameras as well as other electronic components hidden in surfaces or objects. The ORION HX Deluxe is a Non-Linear Junction Detector (NLJD) with interchangeable 2.4 GHz and 900 MHz antenna heads that can be used to pinpoint devices irrespective of whether its hardwired, transmitting or turned off.
A touch screen on the ORION HX Deluxe can display the full RF spectrum for transit, 2nd or 3rd frequency ranges. The REI ORION HX Deluxe’s touch screen can also display a continuous history of harmonic response and power adjustment on a histogram graph.
As well as featuring a digitally modulated transmit signal, the ORION HX Deluxe also features a correlated 2nd and 3rd harmonic response. To minimise interference and improve detection, the REI ORION HX Deluxe also has adjustable DSP gain. To further increase the detection sensitivity, the ORION HX Deluxe uses a 1.25 MHz-wide bandwidth transmit signal.
The transmit and receive antenna is circularly polarised to remove any risk of a threat being missed due to antenna polarisation being incorrect. In order to automatically search for clean operating frequencies, the ORION HX Deluxe uses a synthesized transceiver with frequency stability and agility.
The REI ORION HX Deluxe is very user friendly; the unit itself is small and lightweight at 1.4 kg (2.8lbs) with the 2.4 GHz antenna and 1.6 kg (3.6 lbs) with the 900 MHz antenna. An extra pole isn’t required as the ORION HX Deluxe has an integrated telescope pole. The two antenna heads are quick and easy to change between with the installed thumb screws at the end of the telescopic pole.
A second display built into the heads of the REI ORION HX Deluxe gives users the ability to focus on the target surface/object when sweeping, whilst still being able to see the display. When signal levels reach a set level, the ORION HX Deluxe allows for alert tones and haptic feedback to be triggered to quickly notify the operator.
REI ORION HX Deluxe Specifications
- 2.4 antenna transmit power: 3.3 W; G model: 6.6 W
- 900 antenna transmit power: 1.4 W; G model: 3.2 W
- Power control: manual or auto control
- 2.4 antenna frequency band: 2.404 GHz – 2.472 GHz
- 900 antenna frequency band: 905 – 925 MHz; G model: 840 – 960 MHz
- Transmit channels: manual or auto selection, more than 60 available
- Transmit modulation: digital spread spectrum, 1.25 MHz bandwidth
Please note: G model authorized for use only by agencies, persons and entities not restricted by FCC & IC. Both models are CE marked for public safety and security.
- Handle-mounted 2.7 in touch screen controller display
- Antenna-mounted display
- Bar graph display for transmit power level, 2nd harmonic level, 3rd harmonic level, data field display, for other information (operation mode, low battery, volume, DSP gain, etc.)
- Simultaneous 2nd & 3rd harmonic receive
- Digitally correlated
- 2.4 antenna frequency band:
- Second Harmonic (4.808 GHz – 4.944 GHz)
- Third Harmonic: (7.212 GHz – 7.416 GHz)
- 900 antenna frequency band:
- Second Harmonic (1810 MHz – 1850 MHz); G model (1680 MHz – 1920 MHz)
- Third Harmonic: (2715 MHz – 2775 MHz); G model (2520 MHz – 2880 MHz)
- 2.4 antenna sensitivity: -140 dBm for both harmonics
- 900 antenna sensitivity: -130 dBm for both harmonics
- Operating temperature: -10 to 50°C
- Battery charging temperature: 5 to 37°C
- Storage temperature: -20 to 60°C
Note: extended storage at temperatures above 40°C could degrade battery & OLED display performance and life.
- Extension lengths: 16-51 in (40.6 – 129.5 cm)
- Case dimensions: 6.25 x 14.9 x 18.5 (15.9 x 37.8 x 47.0 cm)
- ORION HX Deluxe dimensions (2.4 antenna): 22.4 x 3.75 x 3 (57 x 9 x 7.5 cm)
- ORION HX Deluxe dimensions (900 antenna): 23 x 3.75 x 3 (58.4 x 9 x 7.5 cm)
- Overall Extended Length: 58 in (147 cm)
- ORION HX Deluxe weight w/ battery (2.4 antenna): 3 lbs (1.4 kg)
- ORION HX Deluxe weight w/ battery (900 antenna): 3.6 lbs (1.6 kg)
- ORION HX Deluxe case and contents weight 14 lbs (6.4 kg)
- Input AC: 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Run time: >4 hours per battery (typical)
- Charge time: 2.5 hours per battery
- Batteries: Lithium ion rechargeable (2 included)
- The supplied battery pack: RRC Power Solutions Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery pack Model #RRC2040, rated 11.25V, 2950mAh, 33.2Wh.